All right we all train like demons, beat the crap out of our bodies and minds, so you have a plan in place to help you prevent burnout, right?? So, to help you formulate your recuperation plan here are 7 tips to add into your training regimen.
- Take Time Off: Yes, you read it correctly Take some time off! The stress you put yourself under can create a buildup of cortisol and norepinephrine hormones which can counteract all of your hard training. So take a day or two off every training cycle and relax and recharge!
- Get 8-9 hours sleep each night: Sleep is the body’s way of recharging and rebuilding itself each day. If you are beating on it constantly and not getting enough rest your training will slowly begin to suffer!
- Start a nutrition log: Fuel your body with nutritious food and track what you are taking in to see how your nutrition plan is affecting your training and recuperation efforts.
- Learn myofascial release: Foam rollers, balls, sticks, massage etc! Get the blood flowing and recover quicker.
- Cryotherapy: If you have strained a muscle or joint, pack the area with ice for ~15-20 mins, off and on to reduce swelling and inflamed tissue. More extreme – Ice baths!
- Contrasting Showers : Similar to # 5, alternate hot and cold showers will go a long way in helping you recover after that last brutal work out
Train with Intensity!